Saturday, December 29, 2012

Moving Forward

Day 2 of the blog, yay for me!!!  Its not even officially public and I already have a 2nd post!

Our application has been sent in and I am happy to announce that we have officially been approved to move forward with an adoption from Ethiopia!!!!!!!! Now the next part is the reality of adoption, the cost and the money part. We need $4000 to get our application moving forward and to complete our home study. The bad part is we only get  6 months to pay the first initial program fee which is $2500 or we will have to re-apply and may not get approved again. After the application gets started then we can start our home study and  after our home study is started we will be able to apply for grants.  We are really praying that the grants will cover a good amount of the estimated $30,000 total for the adoption. I know that God already knows where every penny for this adoption will come from. I can trust him that he will be with us through every fundraiser and every grant we apply for. I am ready to get started and see God work in all the cool ways that he always does. I also know that his timing is not our timing so it can be easy to get discouraged when things aren't happening as quickly as I want them to. This will also be a great lesson in patience and trust for me as I learn to "trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understandings" Proverbs :3:5. Please share our donation link on Facebook and Twitter or email. We never know who God will choose too use to help it, and it could be that random person on your Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment